Newtown (near Wem), King Charles the Martyr
1 small bell + six hemispherical bellsground floorSJ 478316
The hemispherical bells were all cast by John Warner & Sons of London in 1889. According to H B Walters in 'Church Bells of Shropshire', they 'resemble nothing so much as six washing-bowls set on edge.' Chiming ropes lead down into the church, where the bells are rung from an Ellacombe-style stand.