Loppington, St Michael and All Angels
3 bells, tenor 8-1-4 in GSJ 472293
Sunday: Special services only, please check with tower correspondent
TheTreble was cast by John Rudhall of Gloucester in 1787 and the second and tenor by William Clibury of Wellington, the former in 1624 and the latter in 1605. In 1935 they were tuned and rehung in a steel frame with new fittings by Gillett & Johnston of Croydon. The frame has the three pits side by side with the Tenor in the middle.
The bells are rung from the first floor clock room with access via a newel staircase from the vestry. They are easy to handle and sound well.
The date 1605 on the Tenor,
making it one of William Clibury's
Detail of decoration used on the second
William Clibury's foundry mark
and the date 1624 on the second
The second, with its cannon retaining headstock