Lilleshall, St Michael and All Angels
6 bells, tenor 9-0-0 in AbGround floorSJ 729153
Sunday: 6.00 - 6.30pm as ringers available
All the bells were cast by Thomas Mears II of Whitechapel in 1825. Their canons have been removed and they hang from wooden headstocks in an H frame provided by Taylors in 1891 (Pickford 6.4: C1, D2, E3, F4, A5, B6). The bells are rung from the base of the tower, which is separated from the nave by a glazed screen.
The church has a fine late seventeenth century monument to Sir Michael and Lady Leveson.
The second bell, canons removed,
and the H-frame section to the right
The foundry mark of Thomas Mears II
The date on the third bell